Let’s give a warm welcome to Faraday v2.7 (Community, Pro & Corp)!
As you have probably already heard, we are in the midst of a BIG upgrade in Faraday: replacing CouchDB with a much more robust database, Postgresql. This is taking a bit of time, as we are also redesigning parts of our database model to improve the performance of our app, but will be totally worth the wait!
Even though we are busy laboring away with this upgrade, we have not forgotten about you users! We have just released a new version of Faraday with some bug fixes, new plugins, and a csv importer!
What is new:
- Last modified and created timestamps
- The hosts view now shows you the time of the most recent modification:
- New feature: Import from CSV
Now you can import information of your CSV to Faraday and create any type of Object in it!
Hosts, Interfaces, Services, Vulnerabilities, Vulnerabilities Web and Tags can be created using our new CSV-importer.
The CSV file needs to be formatted in a compatible way, all the information about this can be found HERE!
Professional changes and fixes:
- Fixed bug where the users menu is not shown.
Community changes and fixes:
- Added “Last modified” and “Created” in Hosts view.
- Checks if the port 5985 is already in use and shows the corresponding error message.
- Fixed bug when trying to run Faraday as second process and closing the terminal (&!).
- Fixed bug where it asked for dependencies eternally when you have a different version than the one required.
- Fixed small bug in the update_from_document method.
- Fixed bug, makes the python library dependencies specific to the desired version.
- Fixed GitHub language bar to reflect real code percentage.
- Merge PR #195: Create gentoo_requirements_extras.txt (New Github wiki page).
- Merge PR #225: Add references to found vulnerabilities in nmap plugin.
- New plugin: Netsparker cloud.
- New plugin: Lynis (Winner of Faraday Challenge 2017).
- New Fplugin: changes the status of all vulnerabilities of an specific workspace to closed.
- New Fplugin: combines the “create_interface” and “create_host” scripts into one (create_interface_and_host script).
- New Fplugin: import_csv , now you can import Faraday objects from a CSV.
We hope you enjoy it, and let us know if you have any questions or comments.